Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Putting the "study" in Study Abroad/Chinese in Italy


the top picture is a view of the Clock Tower from the main road at night, and below is my apartment living room.

Today was the first day of classes. It went pretty well, but I was rudely awakened to the reality that I'm also here to do school. That means one 1500 word paper each week for both of my classes as well as reading a Shakespeare play and a book a week. Ick. I'm not really sure when I'll have time for this between all my field tripping and socializing.

Tonight I went to a Chinese Restaurant here in Orvieto. Yes, Orvieto has a Chinese restaurant, and it's actually good! It was interesting to see a Chinese man speaking Italian, just not something you witness everyday.

Other than that, today was pretty uneventful, I'm still recovering from jet lag and slept until 2:30 pm. Ew. Tomorrow we are touring Orvieto, so hopefully I'll have more exciting stories and pictures.

Talk to you all soon! Ask questions if you have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment